Thank you to all the families who came out and cheer on all our runners at the JOG-A-THON! Our students ran a very impressive grand total of 6,261 laps or 748.5 miles! And 10 out of our 17 K-6th grade teachers also participated for a combined total of 160 laps! Way to go Falcons!
The last step now is for students to turn in their sponsorship forms to their teacher or to the front office. And we have extended the DUE DATE to WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1ST to be eligible for the raffles and other prize categories at the Prize Rally on Friday, March 3rd. The following are examples of some of the fabulous prizes donated by local businesses, sponsors, and courtesy of Foothill School & PTA:
1. Top Fundraisers: 1st Place: Apple Ipad Mini, 2nd Place: Go Pro Hero 3rd Place: Kindle HD 8 Fire Tablet
2. $200+ in Total Pledges: Fun Games & Lunch with Principal Roggero!
3. Classroom Prizes:
- 15 minutes of extra “Lunch Time” Recess for three classes (K, 2-3 & 4-6) that have the highest % of return of sponsorship forms.
- Top Fundraising Class Overall: Movie & Popcorn in the MPR
3. And we can’t forget about the “Pie in the Face Challenge”. Let’s reach our goal of $15,000 or more and twelve students will be chosen to throw pies at our principal, Mrs. Roggero on Friday, March 3rd!
Are you curious about the results of our prize categories?
Check out the “Top Runners in Each Class” attachment!
The students listed have earned a medal, a Kona Ice and one raffle ticket for a chance to win a choice between a Razor Glow Electric Scooter (8+) or Kindle HD8 Fire Tablet or the EDGE Dual Action Scissor & Sway V Scooter. (See attached for eligibility requirements)
Also, Thank you to Paul at SB Timing for providing the immediate results and a very special thank you to the King Family and Jaylon Letendre. The King Family for the gift of providing SB Timing (Race Chips, Inflatable Arch, Time Clock, Race Data) for our Jog-a-thon and to Jaylon Letendre for coordinating to have Brandon & Tina from the Santa Barbara YMCA to lead the students in the warm-up exercises prior to each of the runs.
As always, if you have any questions, please let me know